Friday, January 10, 2014

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round

OK, for those of you who are still there, I stunk up the house last weekend (1-3). However, I don't think I was in the minority. That Indianapolis comeback was something else. Philadelphia's defense was what it was advertised to be. Lastly, Cincinnati are what they are. They will never win anything with Marvin Lewis as coach. The team is to poorly coached.

Let's see if I can redeem myself.

New Orleans Saints (6) at Seattle Seahawks (1) (Saturday 4:35pm)

New Orleans surprised me last week. Drew Brees had an OK game, 20-30 250yds, 1 TD, 2 Picks. The surprising stat was the 185yds rushing. I don't think they will be able to do that against Seattle. I think New Orleans is going to be out matched. If Marshan Lynch has a big week New Orleans is in trouble. Seattle 27-14.

San Fransisco 49ers (5) at Carolina Panthers (2) (Sunday 1:05pm)

San Fransisco won last week, but the game was closer than I thought it would be. Did the cold affect San Fransisco more than thought or was Green Bay better. Who knows? Carolina has much better defense than Green Bay. I don't think Kaepernick will be able to run like he did last week. Carolina won 10-9 during the year, but SF didn't have Crabtree or Davis for the game. How much of a difference? SF 17-10.

San Diego Chargers (6) at Denver Broncos (1) (Sunday 4:35pm)

I don't even know how San Diego got here. But they now have two of the most dangerous elements in playoffs, Confidence & Nothing to Lose. They are playing with house money. They've beaten the Broncos already in Denver. I won't call this one a toss up. I want San Diego to win. My feeling is if you are playing a team for the 3rd time, edge goes to the better team, and the Broncos are the better team. It will take a Payton Manning playoff choke job for the Chargers to win. Denver 38-21.

Indianapolis Colts (4) at New England Patriots (2) (Saturday 8:35pm)

What the Colts and Luck did last week was amazing. Even though Chiefs' player were dropping like flies come back from 28 points down is historic. It is going to rainy and windy in Foxboro, but Luck has decent number in “bad” weather. As Patriots fan, I can't see how New England is 12-4. Here we say “In Bill we trust!” If Brady doesn't get flustered by Mathis and the Colts defense, I think New England gets a pretty easy win. I'm not sure they do that. NE 21-17.

No comments: